It would not be an overstatement to suggest that Wellington Startup Weekend is possibly going to have THE most fantastic prize lineup ever! Startup Weekend has really captured the imagination of our sponsors and we’ve had a huge response in terms of cash and supporting services. Here’s the run down:
- $10,000 worth of advertising on TradeMe
- $1,000 MYOB business services start-up package
- 3 month part-time desk based at Bizdojo
- $500 Cash from Hyperstart (once your company is formed)
- USD 200 voucher for Amazon Web Services
- $250 Cash (once your company is formed)
- Start-up entrepreneur book selection
Kiwi Landing Pad Catapult Prize
- Return airfare and four weeks accommodation in San Francisco for one person
- Four weeks office at Kiwi Landing Pad engaging with the Catapult programme
- Condition: Must be scalable opportunity in U.S. market. Awarded entirely at judges’ discretion.
Mix & Mash Open Data Prize
- $500 Cash from Mix & Mash and iwantmyname plus a $500 Pressie Card from LINZ
- Present your open data app at the Digital Earth Summit
- Condition: Must be an app or service that uses at least one open data source found on data.govt.nz and contributes to environmental or social good in some way.
But wait, there’s more…
- Microsoft are providing copies of Eric Ries’s The Lean Startup for each team, and a copy of Steve Blank’s The Startup Owner’s Manual for each of the winning teams
- The Embassy of Israel is giving away copies of the book Startup Nation to each of the winning teams
- Jenny Douche is providing copies of her book Foolproof, all about market validation from a New Zealand perspective
- Unified Inbox are providing a free subscription one-year subscription of their service to each participant
Thank you very much to our generous sponsors for providing these fantastic prizes!