Local startup uSnap.us, which provides a mobile and web application for guest-sourcing wedding photos, has won Startup Weekend Wellington.
Wedding parties are faced with two key issues on their big day:
1. Photographers can’t be everywhere at once
2. Some people can’t make the event
uSnap.us solves these problems through a simple and innovation solution where guests download an app to their smartphones, take photos during the event and upload them to uSnap.us. These photos are instantly collated and available in a live stream.
Priced at $200 for a wedding event, the bride and groom can run a streaming slideshow of the photos at the wedding, and have a single site that has aggregates all the guests photos.
uSnap.us will collect their prize booty, which includes:
- $1000 from Startup Weekend Wellington for their company, once they have registered at the Companies Office with at least three team members as directors
- A full-time desk at the Wellington BizDojo for three months
- A marketplace scan from Grow Wellington and MSI
- 1/2 day free consulting each from CreativeHQ and WebFund/HyperStart
- A Microsoft Kinect controller
- A copy of The Lean Startup by Eric Ries
The team comprised:
- Owen Evans
- Veronica Pitt
- Nick Malcolm
- Luke Brown
- Jacob Creech
Congratulations to the uSnap.us team and all of the Startup Weekend participants!